Saturday, January 3, 2009

Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn

I got this recipe from my friend, Michelle's website. She gives other flavoring ideas (strawberry, amaretto) and some great fund raising ideas to go along with the popcorn!
http://jolleyfam.blogspot.com/2008/04/popcorn-recipe.html

It was so fun to make, I actually gave my kitchen sink a good scrubbing and then used it as a large bowl (I doubled the batch and didn't have a bowl big enough).

3 Bags Orville Redenbacher 94% fat free popcorn (if you use the regular bags it turns out to buttery and salty---takes away from the flavor
1 1lb bag Wilton Vanilla flavored chocolate wafers- I did one batch red, the other white and mixed them together for a candy cane effect.
6-8 drops peppermint flavored oil (I got mine from Michael's, by the candy melts)

Pop the popcorn. Remove seeds. Melt chocolate. Stir in 6-8 drops of oil.Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn and stir until well coated. Let cool on parchment lined cookie sheets.

(I added small crushed pieces of candy cane for a little extra jazz.)

No comments: