Sunday, July 19, 2009

Never-Fail Taco Soup





1 lb of ground beef or turkey (I use turkey)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 packet Taco Seasoning


Brown meat, drain and simmer with a dash of the seasoning. Open and dump all the canned food water and all (except drain the black beans so the soup isn't black) into a large pot. Bring to a boil and continue stirring. Add browned meat and the rest of the seasoning. Lower heat cover and simmer at least 10 minutes, but you can let it simmer as long as you would like.


Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.


This recipe is very forgiving. If I do not have a certain type of bean, I throw in whatever I do have. This is my "go to" recipe because even I cannot mess it up.

1 comment:

Julie Avery said...

sounds yummy and easy! thanks. :D