Thursday, July 16, 2009

Peggy's Chow Mein


3 chicken breasts-cut in bite size pieces
4 T. soy sauce
1 T. minced garlic

6 T. cornstarch (about)
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetable mix (your favorite kind)
2-3 pkgs. chow mien noodles-fresh in produce section


Place chicken pieces in bowl w/ 4 T. soy sauce, 3 T. water, and garlic (I also will put it all in a large Ziploc bag). Let marinate for at least one hour (I marinated it all day once and thought it was too salty, so I wouldn't recommend marinating it longer than 3 hours). After marinating add cornstarch until there is no liquid left in the chicken.
Stir fry chicken in 2 T. oil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Add the thawed veggies to the chicken and stir fry them until they are cooked through. (I usually cook the chicken separate in a saute pan. I then stir fry cook the frozen veggies in a large skillet and when they are cooked I remove them into a separate bowl and set aside and then cook the noodles in the same skillet. When the noodles are done I add the veggies and then the seasoning that comes with the noodles and then mix in the chicken) Here is a picture of the noodles I buy for the Chow Mien recipe. The recipe asks for 2-3 bags and this pkg comes with 3 bags so I just use the whole package. The package gives you directions for 1 bag so you have to triple the water and oil it asks for. At Stater Bro.'s I find these by the cheeses. At Von's they are on the back isle towards the produce.


****Kyra's Recipe

No comments: