Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Butterfinger Bars

Butterfinger Bars

¾ c. butter
½ c. sugar
2 c. tightly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
¾ c. smooth peanut butter
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ c. flour
2 c. oats

Cream butter and sugars together. Then add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and peanut butter and mix. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients and then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix and then spread into a 13x18 jellyroll pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (or until light brown). Let Cool. Then spread a thin layer of smooth peanut butter on top. And then spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting (frosting recipe follows). Cut into bars

Chocolate frosting

½ c. butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg (this was my mom’s recipe and made before eggs became a concern, so just substitute with evaporated milk, I even use regular milk if I don’t have evaporated milk on hand)
1 heaping Tblsp. of cocoa (I do 2 heaping spoons)
Powdered sugar

There is no real science to this recipe. I just use the exact amount of butter and vanilla and then with the milk I pour in how much I think one egg would be, the cocoa to taste and the powdered sugar (I use ½ to ¾ of a bag) and then I just mix to get the right consistency, you may add more powdered sugar or more milk to get it the way you like it

No comments: